Cycle to work schemes
- Cycle to work schemes
Cycle to work
- Make fantastic savings of up to 42% on brand new bikes
- Healthier, fitter workforce
- Reduced number of sick days taken by employees
- Reduced National Insurance payments for employers
- Environmental benefits for all
Save up to 42% on the cost of a brand new bike and equipment
This is made possible by the government's green transport plan which not only aims to reduce environmental pollution and promote healthier lifestyles but also make cycling to work a cost-effective option for employees.
You can choose any type of bike and accessories; typically up to £1000. Although recent changes mean the value can be higher, depending on your company's circumstances. Check via cycle scheme or your companies HR department to see what value package is available.
How does it work?
The cycle to work scheme is an annual tax exemption which allows employers to purchase bikes and equipment which is then hired to employees as a tax-free benefit. The cost of purchasing the equipment is recovered via salary sacrifice, which usually runs over 12 months. As such, employers pay less national insurance for participating employees as their salary has been slightly reduced to cover any payments for the bike.
Employees may then be given the option to purchase the equipment at an agreed fair market value which is determined at the start of the agreement. The scheme rules can vary so it is worth checking and considering the rules set out within the scheme being used by your company.
How do I get a bike?
- Employer registers with a Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee visits Mountain Mania Cycles or The Road Room and makes their selection & obtains a written quotation
- Employee presents written quotation to their Employer for authorisation
- Employer provides authorisation to Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employer makes payment to Cycle to Work Scheme as per initial written quotation
- Cycle to Work Scheme issues voucher to employee
- Employee presents voucher at Rides on Air and collects their bike / equipment
- Employee's interest free monthly payments commence
How does my company sign up?
Simply sign up here and we'll do the rest! If you have any questions just give us a call or drop us an email and we'll guide you through all the steps to make sure your company is cycling to work before you know it!
Scheme’s supported by Mountain Mania Cycles
Halfords Cycle 2 Work
Private company schemes – If your company operates their own in house scheme, please contact us and we can liase directly with them.